Here is an opportunity to combine fabric painting and easy quilting to create an original overlay quilt. No experience in fabric painting or free motion quilting required.
Can be run as a one or two day workshop.
One Day Workshop
- Students use a hand dyed or commercial background and will be provided with a choice of designs.
- Design will be overlaid onto quilt sandwich and quilted through using walking foot and free motion quilting techniques. This is a great opportunity to try free motion quilting even if you have never done it before. Suits all levels of quilters.
- Quilted design will then be painted to create an interesting panel suitable for a cushion or centrepiece of a larger quilt.
Two Day Workshop
- Students will be provided with a selection of surface design tools including fabric paints, stencils, stamps and silk screens to create a variety of original fabric
- Fabrics will be stitched into a simple collage background which will then be used as the background as for the one day workshop.
- Fabric painting both transparent and opaque styles
- Free motion quilting
- Fabric painting (Two day class)
- Collage (Two day class)
Materials fee of $30 for Two Day workshop can be added to supply all paints and fabrics